Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!


Full Moon on Christmas at Temple Square


This last week just flew by. Christmas was incredible. The Square
didn't open until 4pm, and we had this beautiful Christmas devotional
as a mission... There were a lot of tender feelings, especially as we
heard from President and Sister Poulsen. Those two will be greatly
missed. They've sacrificed a lot and given so much to this mission,
and to these sisters. Of course, we are excited to meet President And
Sister Risenmay, and I'm sure we will love them so very much. But that
doesn't make these last few weeks any easier.

Oh! From the devotional, President Poulsen inspired a really brilliant
idea, and I feel good about challenging our family to this, because
we're all fairly bright, and I think we can. For Christmas 2016, can
we have the Living Christ document memorized in gratitude for our
Savior? It can be a new year goal, and if we work on it throughout the
year, it should be eeeeeasy. Deal? Awesome. I will plan on it. Grinning face with smiling eyes

Um, side note, I have never been so spoiled for Christmas in my life
than I was this year as a Temple Square sister. A lot of effort went
into trying to keep the sisters from getting homesick, and we
definitely felt so much love from the little angels around us. For as
hard as I believe this mission is, there are definitely some perks...
Silver linings, if you will.

The end of the lights is drawing near (January 3rd is the last night)
and I'm fairly certain I can still count on one hand... Maaaaaybe two
hands... The days that passed that I did not run into someone I know
from before the mission. It was fun, but I'm ready for the craziness
to settle down.

I'm way pumped for these next few months. We're teaching some really
amazing people. I wish I could tell you all the things, but I can't.
It's sufficient to say that God is so good, and so sneaky, and I just
love when He opens my eyes to His marvelous plans as they unfold. SO
GOOD. I live for those moments.

My companion is so cool. Sister Butler and I get along really well,
and are definitely learning from each other. We both come with lots of
different strengths and weaknesses, and it's been fun to see how we
help each other and balance one another. She's got good vibes, and
that's what I love the most. A pure heart. And she's just fun. We joke
around a lot, and I LOVE it.

Uuh, it's the start of a new year, 2016. I hope you've all at least
started setting some goals to stretch yourselves, to become more like
what God intends for you to be. If you haven't yet, consider that as
you plan for this year. Are your goals helping you to achieve your
divine potential? Because if they're not, you should probably rethink
them, and revisit your priorities.

I feel so blessed to be here. I love teaching the gospel, and bearing
my testimony, unapologetically, and inviting everyone to at the very
least experiment on God's word. That's all I did, experiment. And look
at me now hahaha, I'm a missionary! Whaaaat? Again, sneaky God.

Mama and Big Papa, I just want you to know that I feel like the
luckiest girl in the world to have been born into your family, your
home. I still don't know hardly anything, and I'm still trying to
understand the few things I think I know, but I do recognize the
blessing it is to be raised in a home with parents who consistently
learn and live the gospel of Jesus Christ. And I will never be able to
repay you for that. So thank you. I hope I grow up to be just like you
two.

I love you all! Make good this year. And choose happiness. 2 Nephi
2:25, God intends for us to have joy. So choose it, ya hooligans.

All the love from the sub-freezing temperatures at Temple Square,
<3 Sister Chamberlin

No comments:

Post a Comment