Wednesday, September 7, 2016

In the words of Timon...

"Here's the bottom line, our trio's down to two!" We said goodbye to one of Christ's most charitable representatives this week. Sister Ueno and I are staying together this transfer, which I am psyched about, because she's a doll, and a solid missionary, and also hilarious. And we get to serve at Welfare Square once a week, which is also pretty high up there on the happy good times scale. AND we get to continue living in a celestial apartment. #blessed


This is Mama Lysy, who also left this week. She has taken good care of me here. We didn't plan to both look like mint chocolate chip ice cream, but it happened.



I basically live at the SLC airport. This is one of many goodbyes... see you laters?


It's been an eventful week, and I've been on a rocket ship speeding all over the spectrum of human emotions- shock, fear, anger, frustration, disappointment, irritation, protectiveness, peace, calm, safe, understood, awkward, etc. But at the end of it all my heart is just full of gratitude. God is so good, and is so aware of all His children. What we've experienced this week, I believe, can be related to Elder Holland's story about taking the wrong road. If you have no idea what story I'm talking about, watch this:
I don't know very much, but I am absolutely certain that God loves us, and will lead and guide us if we let Him- and ultimately, everything will work out for our good. 

In preparation for General Conference next month, I've been listening to last April's Conference while I get ready in the mornings. I recently listened to Bishop Waddell's talk, "A Pattern for Peace." And I highly recommend it to everyone. Because who doesn't want peace? He walks us through the pattern laid out in Doctrine and Covenants 19:23-24, "Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me. I am Jesus Christ." These also just so happen to be words you can hear at the Kristus here at Temple Square ðŸ˜Š
A link, a link! Here is a link to it! 
I love you all so much. Keep trusting God, He knows what He is doing. Because, you know, He's God. 

Make good. Choose happiness.
<3 Sister Chamberlin

No comments:

Post a Comment