Thursday, July 30, 2015

Happy Pioneer Day- July 23, 2015


Hellooooo! 
It feels like it has been a month since I last wrote!

One of our investigators was baptized last Saturday Grinning face with smiling eyes it was a joyous day. 

We had another neat experience with fasting this week, with one of our investigators. I won't go into detail, but in his time of darkness, our friend turned himself towards Christ to seek His light, and found it. It was beautiful. We read Mark 9 together... You know, "Lord, I believe. Help thou mine unbelief"? Then we fasted. During the next 24 hours he played a lot of scripture roulette, and repeatedly found himself reading Mosiah 7:33, and felt that God was speaking to him through the scriptures (God does that sometimes... He's good like that).

I've learned more phrases in other languages, and this has quickly become one of my favorite hobbies. The Sisters here have been very patient with teaching me :) One of these days I'll get to throw down some Mandarin to a motor coach- more than just hello, how are you, thank you, and I love you haha. 

We get to watch the Pioneer Day Parade tomorrow, which I guess is a really big deal here in Salt Lake? Five years in Provo, you'd think I would know about these kind of things. It's fun to be able to share with visitors about WHY the early saints were wiling to make the sacrifices they did. Yep, all things here on the Square point to the Savior. It's not like it's His church or anything... 

Ah we met this amazing man this week who recently found out he's got about 6 months to live. So he's out checking things off his bucket list. It was cool to hear him talk about his love for the Savior, and the respect he has for God's chosen Prophet and Apostles. He even said if someone offered him $100,000 or to shake the Prophet's hand, he'd rather meet President Monson. He was just a good guy. Definitely made me consider what my priorities are. 

Sister Lytle and I got to take this amazing tour the other day. A lot depends on the people and their questions, but wow, the Spirit was ridiculously strong the whole time, and we just got to testify. At the end every one of them wanted a copy of the Book of Mormon. It just felt good, you know? When you can feel the Spirit teaching, and you hear words coming out of your mouth that are not your own. 

Mom and Dad, and Sarah and Scott :) this might sound crazy, but I know God didn't want me to see you last week, for whatever reason. Because if He did, I would have. Like when I saw Sarah. Also, those Sisters you talked with were none other than the APs. Any other sisters probably would have called me. And I was in the same building, at the same time you were. So. There are no accidents. But I love you all and I'm glad you got to go to the concert, I heard it was amazing. As was your concert the night before, Sarah Bear. I'm bummed I missed that. 

Dad, it sounds like you are very busy in the work of the Lord, I love it. Keep finding those opportunities to teach. 

Thank you Sarah for sending Nana and Papa's conversion story. I LOVED reading it- I didn't know a lot of the details, and it was fun to read. 

I'M STILL WAITING FOR SOME OF YOU *COUGH BROTHERS COUGH* TO HELP ME WITH MY PROJECT BUT WHATEVER I GUESS IT'S JUST NOT THAT IMPORTANT TO YOU. AND AT THE RISK OF SOUNDING REPETITIVE, PLEASE WRITE TO ME AND TELL ME 1- WHY YOU WENT ON A MISSION AND 2- WHY YOU STAYED. THANK YOU THANK YOU LITTLE NUGGETS. SHAUN THAT MEANS YOU, TOO.


Alright all you little children of God. I love you all. Remember to thank Heavenly Father for your blessings. If you look for His hand in your life, I promise, you will see it- EVERYWHERE. He is in the details. Jesus Christ is our Savior- turn yourselves to Him, and you will find peace.
Make good. Choose happiness.
Love always, Sister Chamberlin


P.S. Thank you mama for the love :) and boys, be safe this weekend! I'm a little jealous I don't get to come on your adventure on the sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment