Friday, May 15, 2015

Friday, May 15, 2015 Letter Home from the MTC

Hello!!

Okay, so this week. It has felt like a year! But it has also flown by so fast. I am learning so much, and sometimes that's hard, but it is so worth it.

First things first. Mom. I am healthy, I am happy, and I have everything I need. :)

My companions and I had a pretty cool experience last night teaching our investigators at the TRC (just know, some of these investigators are real investigators, others are recent converts acting as themselves before they were baptized, and we don't know which they are). We'd been prayerfully planning the lessons for a couple of days, and in both we were planning to invite them to read the first chapter of the Book of Mormon. Well when we got to the TRC last night, there were no more copies of the Book of Mormon. We were at the MTC, and couldn't get our hands on a copy of the Book of Mormon. Go figure. So we said a quick prayer for guidance in the first lesson, and we felt prompted to focus instead of prayer, and building a relationship with God, which was great. But then our next appointment. We prayed, and still felt like we needed to invite him to read, but we had no book to offer him. So we just planned to tell him we'd bring him one the following night. SO. We walked into the room. And lo and behold, there was a copy of the Book of Mormon on a desk in the corner. I know this probably sounds ridiculous but we just looked at each other in amazement because it just felt like we were being blessed for trying our hardest to follow the promptings of the Spirit. Anyways. The lesson went super well and we read the last two paragraphs of the introduction with our investigator, and then I heard Ben's voice in my head, "If you know the Book of Mormon is true, what do you know?" So  I thought to myself, "Well, this isn't a bad thought, let's go there." And he responded so beautifully (remember, he had just read the last paragraph of the intro) and then out of nowhere I felt like I needed to ask him if he would be baptized if he came to know the Book of Mormon is true through the Holy Ghost, and he was like "Yeah, I guess I would have to." And I was shocked with myself for even bringing up baptism because it was only our second meeting but it felt so right and the rest of the lesson went so well, and he is just awesome. 
So, point of this story, regardless of how things turn out, whether it's legit or not, it was just so cool to feel guided by the Holy Ghost, and knowing that as missionaries, set apart to represent Jesus Christ, we are entitled to have that guidance. 

Time is crazy here. But it's awesome. I can't remember what I've told you about my district, but it rocks. Sister Sommerfeldt (Canada) and Sister Parks (Oklahoma) are my companions, and we live with Sister Namehe (Ireland/Uganda) and Sister Robertson (Engalnd). Also in our district are Elder Horne (Florida), Elder Jeffrey (Canada), Elder Johnson (Washington), and Elder Latu (Utah/New Zealand/Tonga). We're all super close. 

We got to go to the Provo temple this morning together- it was SO GOOD. Just love everywhere. 

Um, so DearElders are the greatest things ever. And also, Mom, those cinnamon rolls were bomb, my sisters thank you :) and uh, if you ever feel like sending more... like before Monday... that would be so very much appreciated... but no pressure or anything. 

AAAAh there is just not enough time for anything and I'm so sorry I can't even think about what's happened this week. But know that it has been so good. I only have emails and addresses for the people who have written me, so that a thing. 

My sister in my district have taken to doing our family cheer after we pray together at night, it makes me feel like home isn't so far away. Our family is forever!

I love you all! Make good and choose happiness!

Love always, Sister Chamberlin

No comments:

Post a Comment