Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Happy Birthday to my Gingerlove!!


Hi Family!! I love you all so very much. Happy birthday to my little gingerlove Leo :) Cover that kid in kisses for me, will ya? 

Another amazing week at Temple Square, full of miracles and tender mercies from the Lord. He is just the sneakiest, and I love it. We've met a lot of incredible people, and some we have the blessing of keeping in touch with, which is fun. Especially when we get to be a part of their progression in the gospel. 

We're teaching a woman right now who is just incredible. Everything is happening kind of fast, but she says there's something about those Mormons that she's drawn to. We're very excited for her, as she has begun meeting with the local missionaries. Her daughter has started calling her her "Mor'mom'" haha, presh. 

I have had some special moments this week where I got to see some of the fruits of the work that is done here at Temple Square. We don't often get to see that, because most of our interactions with people are "one touch," and we don't usually get to see how or if we make any difference in anyone's lives. So it's been a good week :)

Lots of exchanges this week, so I've had the opportunity to meet and love so many of my sisters here at Temple Square. Each of the sisters here has an incredible story, and each one has a very real understanding of the Atonement, and it is just so cool to get to serve with them. 

What a tender mercy. I was on exchanges with a Sister Marroquin from Guatemala, and we got a call to take a Spanish tour at the conference center. We had to get a cover for our desk assignment in the south visitors center because the conference center tours are usually an hour or more, and then we headed over. By the time we got there, one of the senior missionaries there that spoke Spanish had taken the tour. Feeling a bit unhappy, and irritated at the poor communication at temple square between buildings and sisters, we headed back to the south vc to do our desk assignment. I was a little bummed because I wanted to go through the conference center. But little did I know, not getting to take that tour was a tender mercy from my Heavenly Father.  So there I was, at the desk in the South Visitors Center, about 10 minutes before I was to go to the teaching center and disappear from square for 2 hours. All of a sudden I see my brother Danny just cruising through, and we make eye contact, and my heart just skips a beat in disbelief. And it was so glorious to get to hug him, and Sarah and Scott. And that wouldn't have happened if I'd been in a Spanish tour at the conference center, which was where I thought I wanted to be. 
I just think it's funny how God knows us so much better than we know ourselves, and as long as we are striving to do His will, He will lead us to where we need to be. I just love that He finds those little opportunities to show me that He cares about my happiness, just as much if not more than I do. I needed that boost from my family that day, and God knew that long before I did. 

Fun little thing God taught me this week- so for some reason, I've had an increase in the number of antis I come across this last week. And quite frankly, the negativity takes its toll on my soul. It is SO easy to get sucked into arguing, or defensiveness, or doubts or whatever. But in my personal studies, I just so happen to have read Alma 1 this week, which very directly addresses how the people of God are to respond to persecution from antis. Remember Nehor? And Gideon? Gideon was a good dude. But verse 25 stuck out to me as I read... I am to stand fast in my faith, be steadfast and immovable in keeping the commandments of God, and bear with patience the persecution. I'm telling you, God is so good. So sneaky, and so good. He just KNOWS, you know?

I don't really have much time today, sorry. I love you all. Thank you for the love and support, it really means a lot to me. 
Make good, choose happiness. We can do all things through Christ. :)
Love always, Sister Chamberlin

No comments:

Post a Comment