Monday, June 22, 2015

happy fathers' day! (a day late, I know)‏


Congratulations Dan and Em!! River James is so handsome! Give that babe and his brother love from their Aunt Bex!
Happy Fathers' Day to all my favorite dads! But obviously especially to my own big papa. Thanks for teaching me to never quit, and rely on the Lord in all things, and to love and serve others. But most importantly thank you for teaching me (with mama) the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am forever grateful to you both.

This week has been good. Challenging, to say the least, but a growing experience, and good nonetheless.

We have some AMAZING investigators. One specifically has had some huge trials this week, but she told us God has enveloped her with His love and peace, and she has faith in His plan for her.

We learned a bit about the importance of opening our mouths to invite people to act and come unto Christ. We met a man who would seemingly have had a lot of opportunities to learn about the Gospel, but no one had ever actually invited him to do so. But now we have, and he seems to be just eating it up :)

My companion and I were asked to move apartments this week, which felt like a waste of precious time, but it's all good. It was so a sister who hurt her foot could live closer to the Square, so, all for a good cause right?

I'm so grateful for the pictures that have been sent, so good. 

I had my first difficult experience with an anti this week that actually shook me a bit. I won't go into great detail, but I was forced to confront some of my own doubts and questions that I had set aside temporarily, knowing that in time I could receive an answer. Anyways, I'm still working through some of it, I have faith in God, and I have faith in His faith in me, and I know that he won't ever give me challenges He doesn't know I can overcome with His help. 1 Nephi 3:7 right? So I will continue to go and do, relying on the Lord completely, because He is all I really have to rely on. 

Anyways. God continues to keep my prideful self humble. But He is so good to me, and has given me exactly the trainer and leaders I need right now.

It is amazing to me, all the people we meet on the Square. Contrary to popular belief, most of who we meet are nonmembers. I mean come on, as members, when is the last time you were on the Square? It's especially moving to take Christians up to see the Christus- they LOVE it. We've had some neat experiences up there. Oh! And we have a fun little video presentation called "God's Plan for His Family" and it is SO GOOD. Anyone who is reading this, if you come to Temple Square, ask for sisters to take you through it. It's a heart softener for suuuuure. Families really can be together forever.

I love you all. Study the Book of Mormon, it is so full of goodness. I wish I had more time for personal study, I just can't get enough.

Make good. Choose happiness. Rely on God.
Love always, Sister Chamberlin

P.S. please send me more pictures of my little humans. They're growing up too fast and I need to see their little faces!!


Moving Day

Cleanliness is next to godliness!

No comments:

Post a Comment