Monday, June 15, 2015

June 8, 2015 - Time Flies

Mama and Big Papa, thank you for writing. I love you both so much. 

This week has flown by so fast. But also, it all feels like it happened forever ago. 
My trainer is still the greatest. We dread exchanges (although they're good, I guess.) I learn so much from her. 
Ah I don't even know what to write. We've been assigned to work at the Humanitarian Center once a week this transfer, which is different from the normal day to day routine of preaching the gospel of Christ. We aren't allowed to proselyte there, so we are, quite definitively, tour guides there. Which we hate. But it's fine, I think it just makes us appreciate all the more being back on the Square where we can openly bridge every conversation to the restoration of the Christ's gospel, and the Priesthood. 
So that miracle boy we found last week. he's from the South, and it just amazes me to see how God works with His children to prepare them to accept the gospel. He's been reading the Book of Mormon (in fact, he apologized when we asked him about it after only two days, and he said he was "only" in 1 Nephi 14). I love hearing him tell us about how the truths he is finding are resonating with him. Like when Nephi goes into the mountains alone to talk with God, he says he likes to be alone (like on a road trip across the country by himself) to "experience" God. Anyways, we're way excited for him.
Oh my there are just so many amazing people we have been working with and teaching, it is CRAZY. And honestly, it is so fun to be out on the Square talking with people, learning about their relationships with God, and then teaching. Teaching the truth.
Also, there's a sweet temple model in the South Visitors Center with a wall cut out so people can see exactly what is inside the temple, and we get to talk to them about it and explain how families have the potential to be together for eh verrr. It's such a fun experience. People always ask about the bulls around the baptismal font- my companion (and I, now, too) like to tell them that after we are baptized we ride them around the font. Don't worry, we always let them know we're just teasing, and let them know they are in fact statues and that they represent the 12 tribes if Israel. 
We had the opportunity to attend Elder L. Tom Perry's funeral last Friday in the Tabernacle. It was a pretty neat experience. The Prophet and all the Apostles were present, and the Spirit was so strong. 
I've been learning little phrases in several languages, it is so fun. I'm mostly getting Tagalog and Mandarin (from my Filipino and Chinese roommates) and it is just so fun.
Oh, Ben, before I forget, if you're ever interested... We teach over the phone, and sometimes the sisters teach with a "member present"... but like, just on the phone? And if you want, I know the Mandarin sisters would appreciate your participation. I can't ever use your missionary brain, but they can, and I know they'd love it. So, just let me know. You could speak Chinese and be a missionary again! Your two favorite things after your family!
I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well. I'm so excited to hear about River! 
Big Papa, we'll be praying for you as you prepare for Stake Conference.
Mama, yes, I am happy, I am healthy, and I have everything I need. 

Read this happiness.
Jacob 3:1-2

I love you all. Keep making good and choosing happiness. God is so good. This gospel is real, and it is the only way we can access the Atonement of Jesus Christ. 
I wish I had more time, but alas, I do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment