Thursday, August 13, 2015

"The blood is on my hands!"

I'm killing my trainer this week. She goes home in less than 5 days. (This next sentence is to be read In Scar's voice... you know, to the tune of "Be Prepared") The end of this era is tiptoeing nearer, and now it's my feature, cause I've listened to teacher.
Just kidding. I've obviously seen the Lion King too many times. Didn't think that was possible. I'm a big loser.
In all seriousness, I'm pretty sad. In such short time, she has become one of my dearest friends. So when she comes to visit, please please please make her feel right at home. Okay, thanks.

I can't believe it's been a week since last P-day. We've been very busy (we always are, let's be real). 

Oh oh oh! A thing! I met a girl on the Square this week who served in the Irvine Mission, in the Mission Viejo Stake nonetheless! Sister Cottle. She is very kind, and very beautiful, and it was just fun to make that connection. So, that's a thing. And and and! She was here with a boy that Sister Lytle had taught like a year ago! Small world.

One of my favorite miracles of the week. Prepare yourselves. I was on exchanges, with my favorite Russian, Sister Bryuzgina. And SHE felt prompted to approach this man that was just kind of chilling on a bench. So we did. We got talking with him, we asked about his job, if he was a member, where he served his mission, etc. Then Sister Bryuzgina asked him what he felt was the biggest miracle on his mission. So he shared this story about how early on during his mission he didn't feel like he was being led by the Spirit, and this one time while he was following his senior companion on a bike, his companion had him take the lead, and said to just go where the Spirit directed. And they were cruising and he didn't feel like he was being led, but he got the idea to go down this road they were coming up on. He ignored the idea, but when they got to the road he said it felt like someone was pushing his handlebars to steer him onto that street. And there was no one on that street, except one man. They talked to him, and found out he'd just lost everything. He'd lost his job, his wife picked up and left him, taking their daughter, and if I remember correctly, he had just become homeless that night. So they did what they could to console him and whatnot, and set up a time to meet with him again. Well, that time came, and guess who didn't show up. That man. So this guy we're talking to said he felt so confused, at why the Spirit would guide him to that man, when nothing came of it. And then, several months later, our friend (let's call him Peter, just cause I like that name) was with a new companion. And he prayed specifically to find that man he had met earlier on his mission. And they were proselyting in a different part of the city that day, but guess who they met. Did you guess it was the man? Good, because I haven't talked about anyone else in this story. So a similar thing happened. They set up another appointment and he never showed. But Peter then shared with us how maybe that man just needed comfort, and to know that God was looking out for him. And maybe more than that, Peter needed to learn that he could receive personal revelation, and that God was aware of HIM. So anyways, then he gets all teary eyes and emotional, and opened up with us about how "ironic" it was, that God had sent him and his companion, these two little missionaries, to go comfort that man in his time of need, and now God had sent two little sister missionaries to him, on the day that he had just been fired, and was dealing with some church discipline, and he was feeling pretty hopeless. Anyways, the point of this whole long story is that I felt so much like God was using us to remind this young husband and father that God loves him, so very much. And it was neat because he felt that, and shared it with us. It was a beautiful experience.

We started teaching a man this week who is mostly interested because the girl he is dating is a member. But shortly after we started teaching him, it looked like things may not be going so well between the two of them. (However, when he first told us about her, it was SO CUTE! He was telling us all about her, and said, and I quote, "Kissing her is, like... WOW!" hahaha sooooo precious!) Anyways, it looked like maybe things weren't going to work out, so we got real blunt with him, and asked if he still wanted to continue learning, and come to know for himself if The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is God's Kingdom on Earth, whether or not things worked out with this girl. Aaaaaand he said yes. So we're excited to continue teaching him. He has been SO good about keeping his commitments, which we just love.

I got to finally meet the Gregorious family! And they are all DARLING! Again, my faith was strengthened that when God wants people to meet, He provides a way. Because for as small as Temple Square may seem, when you're looking for someone, all of a sudden it grows, exponentially. I hope I get the opportunity to take them around on a tour :)

I had the opportunity this week to reflect a bit on the last several years of my life, and I am just so grateful to my Heavenly Father for always sending me little angels. Sister Lytle and I read the story "You Are Special" by Max Lucado today- if you haven't read it yet, go read it. Anyways, I will be forever grateful for my little angels that have been there all along, reminding me of who I am, and who my Father is.

I know that I am a daughter of God. I had forgotten that, for a while. But if there is one thing I wish everyone in the world could know, it's that they are children of God. I firmly believe it is THE most important thing we can come to know in this life.

I love you all. Hugs and kisses all around. 
Make good, choose happiness. God is everywhere, just open your eyes! :)
Love always, Sister Chamberlin

P.S. I finally get to meet THE Shaun Lytle this weekend. Prepare yourselves, world. One of the greatest friendships is about to be forged. Shauny daddy, I'm waiting for you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment