Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Ni Hao!

Transfer day, yo! I'm sad to be separated from my Polynesian Princess Sister Vasi, we had a good time, but I'm excited about my new companion, Sister Lai. She is from Australia, and speaks English, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Japanese. What up y'all, I'll be doing the Ni Hao tours. Just today we've already taken a ton. And it was a half day. It's so cool being on temple Square. We just get to contact and teach all day every day. I'm so excited for this change of pace with the added component of language tours :) So Benny boy, I'll be teaching your people ;) but really though. Ni Hao! :)

This week has been BUSY and it's only going to get busier this weekend, with the continuation of Conference. Last week I did not get to attend the Women's session, as I had to work the Square... and I actually will not be attending any sessions this weekend because the mission is short tickets, but I am excited nonetheless. 

I got to attend Elder Scott's funeral on Monday. It was beautiful. He was such a good man. And his love for his sweetheart... I want that. One day. :) It's such a neat experience to be in the presence of so many prophets and apostles of Christ. I can't even believe I am so lucky. Not lucky, blessed. And I have loved that, although we've lost three of our beloved apostles this summer, none of the funerals were... sad? Drawing on something said at Elder Packer's funeral, where there's love, there is sadness at separation, of course. But just because everyone there has this greater, eternal perspective, funerals feel more like graduation ceremonies. And it's cool. And knowing that Elder Scott gets to be reunited with the love of his life- what a love story. 

Sister Vasi and I, along with another companionship, have been extra busy this week making a Conference prep video for the Sisters. It's funny, or at least, I think it is, and we're excited to finally be done with it and show it to the mission tomorrow. Conference is a big deal here, as I'm sure you can imagine (but really, I don't think you can imagine, because you've never experienced it.) We only get to go off the square for 20 minutes of lunch and 20 minutes of dinner. Other than that, we're out working nonstop. Good thing my boots rock and are comfortable. I'm just excited for this huge influx of members, all pumped about hearing from our leaders.

Speaking of Conference, if you little nuggets haven't yet written down questions you want answers to this weekend, get on it. The Spirit can teach you all kinds of things as we listen to the words of our prophets. Elder Oaks taught that "a message given by a General Authority at a general conference--a message prepared under the influence of the Spirit to further the work of the Lord--is not given to be enjoyed. It is given to inspire, to edify, to challenge, or to correct. It is given to be heard under the influence of the Spirit of the Lord, with the intended result that the listener learns from the talk and from the Spirit what he or she should DO about it." So. Prepare yourselves, my friends. 

Side note, did you all see that blood moon this week? SO BEAUTIFUL. We had a picture perfect view of the eclipse as we walked home from the Square, from the reflection pool, looking East. Seriously, that moon though.

HEY HEY HEY the Church History Museum is open to the public now, so go. It's SO GOOD. Especially the First Vision Theater. Go go go go go.

Um whaaat? Does Sammy think he's a model? hahaha I love his pictures this week. So presh.

family, it sounds like you all are doing such good things, and that pleases me. I love you all so much. Also, Danny, I hear you're quite the craftsman? What is this I'm hearing about? 
Oh! And also it sounds like Luke has memorized some more scriptureS? I mean, you don't HAVE to, but I love having the videos of those little people reciting scripture, so if the little humans' parents, or grandparents, wanted to send me something like that, I wouldn't reject them. In fact, I can guarantee they'd be shared with my investigators. Because it's so darn cute. From the mouths of babes. 

I love you all. Make sure you tune in to conference this weekend. It's like listening to a modern day Moses. Why wouldn't you want to hear what they have to say? 
Make good and choose happiness, y'all. God lives, and speaks to us today through His prophets. How exciting is that???
Love, Sister Chamberlin

P.S. If you're in Salt Lake for conference, cruise through Temple Square and say hi! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment