Thursday, December 10, 2015

Tis the Season...

...that Temple Square is way too busy, so this will be short.

The lights are amazing (of course) and there are just people everywhere always, from 5pm on. It's all kinds of crazy. 

One thing I've learned this week (among many, come on)- a lot of parents aren't paying attention to what their children are being exposed to. FOR EXAMPLE. Our dear friends, the regular antis (like the ones who are here every week when the Mormon Tabernacle Choir rehearses) like to come hang out outside the Square dressed up as Santa or Buddy the Elf or whatever, and pose for pictures with people. Harmless, on the surface. And they hand out these bills, that look like money, to children. And on the back? Anti material. And most of these parents have no idea what is being handed to their kid. It just makes me sad. And then these families come on the Square and the kids are all excited about these bills they've been given... it just hurts my soul. Devious little antis. But we still love them, because they, too, are God's children. 

I feel like so much happened this week, but my poor little brain can't remember, and I forgot my journal (not that I really use that when I write, but it's helpful to jog the memory, you know?) 

Oh! Um, Happy Birthday to all the little birthday humans. There are so many of you. Know that I love each of you so very much. And please give those December boys a big kiss from their Aunt Bekah. I cannot believe how fast all those little munchkins are growing... and multiplying...

So, sounds like there have been a lot of really awful things happening all over the world. And in light of Pearl Harbor day, I just pray that we all can remember that, yes, people make these horrible choices that end lives prematurely, and be devastating, BUT that is why we have a Savior. Because of Jesus Christ, death is not the end. We will ALL live again. Not only will we live again, but we have the opportunity to be made clean, and live in the presence of our Heavenly Father, who knows us and loves us, perfectly. I am eternally grateful for the sacrifice of my Redeemer, for His love, for the hope He offers. Through Him, and only through Him, we can be healed from all wounds, forgiven of all mistakes, and brought back home. 

I want to thank all the little humans I got to run into on the Square this last week- CRAZY! It's been fun. I hope you all continue to do good, and share the message of the restored gospel, because so many people are seeking for truth- and like the Eggo commercial, they're lookin' for love in all the wrong places. Help your brothers and sisters to find it. Because we have it. This gospel is it. You want to be happy? Learn and live the gospel of Jesus Christ. There is no other way.

Make good, y'all. And choose happiness. 
<3 Sister Chamberlin

No comments:

Post a Comment